Calling all artists, curators and artist collectives! We are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the Monash Pizzey Reserve Mural Project.
Brimbank City Council invites suitably qualified artists and/or artist collectives to submit Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the development of the Monash Pizzey Reserve mural project.
Location: Monash / Pizzey Reserve, 2 Pizzey Street, Sunshine
Aiming to achieve the following outcomes –
- Artwork that resonates with the natural environment
- add colour and vibrancy to the space
- contribute to building a sense of belonging and place in community
- provide a temporary public art element within the space that is visually appealing
The chosen artist will be invited to create three concept designs and accompanying statements. The community will then have the chance to cast their votes for their preferred design, and the one with the highest number of votes will advance to the final development stage.
Council is looking for artworks which are aesthetically and intellectually engaging, well designed, and executed that respond to the following;
- Fun, colourful, creative, inspirational, and positive perspective
- Be site responsive, drawing inspiration from the surrounding area and community
- Proposals should carefully consider local community and current usage when developing your Concept Statement in response to the EOI
Please read Artist Brief for all information including timelines, budget and requirements.
Expressions of interest close on Monday 4 March, 11.59pm
For more information or questions please email Lisa Horsburgh (Art Spaces Officer) LisaHO@brimbank.vic.gov.au or call 03 9249 4397