Storm has the following features:
- We accept short stories, poems, short scripts and flash fiction
- We seek short, succinct fiction. The word limit is 2500 words across all categories except flash fiction where the limit is 1000 words
- There are no category specific prizes.
- There is a focus on a smaller set of writers
- The prize structure follows a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 format:
- The winner receives $500
- Second place – $400
- Third place – $300
- Fourth place – $200
- Five commended entries receive $100 each.
- Winners and commended entries will be published by Minds Shine Bright in an e-book.
- A further 10 writers be awarded certificates and gifts of recognition.
- Winners are selected based on literary merit.
- The entry fee is $5 per entry
- Each entry submitted must be the original, unpublished work of the submitting writer.
- The judge of Storm is Amanda Scotney, founder of Minds Shine Bright and all entries are judged blind.
- Writers must include the theme of storm in some way in each entry.
For more information, visit Minds Shine Bright