Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival is Australia’s only international dance on film festival for dance students aged 13 to 17, part-time and full-time dance schools, and secondary schools. Created to encourage and display the talent of the next generation of dance filmmakers, and provide a platform to showcase the ready-made films by young dance filmmakers and schools from around the world.
This year includes 2 new award categories created to shine a light on the talent of Australia First Nations People and Disability Dance Artists.
A select panel of judges will choose the winners of a combined 13 student and school award categories.
Due to the current Covid landscape, this year’s festival is an online-only event.
1. Films for Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival must be no longer than 5 minutes for student entries, and 10 minutes for school/studio entries, including titles and credits. There is no minimum time limit.
2. Inspired Dance Youth Festival accepts any and all dance styles and genres.
3. You can use any software to edit video and audio.
4. You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
5. The festival is open to filmmakers aged 13 yrs and above.
6. The submission deadline is 11:59 pm (AEST), July 17, 2022.
7. Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the Inspired Dance website and shown online, and on the Inspired Dance Youtube/Vimeo channel at the festival organiser’s discretion, unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about this.
8. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. If your film is selected as a finalist for our Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival Gala it must be submitted in 16:9 ratio (landscape) and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or .mov, files in the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate of 26 fpm and Stereo 48kHz sound so it will look good on the big cinema screen.
11. Your film can have screened in other film festivals, just as long as you have never entered it into Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival (unless approved by festival directors at their discretion).
12. Submissions are exclusively through FilmFreeway.
13. You can enter as many films as you like.
14. Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival takes no responsibility for the use of copyright material in your video. Legal authorization from the musician, artist, writer, or record label is the sole responsibility of the entrant. We may ask for this documentation at any time. Most schools have a license to cover the use of copyrighted music.
15. It is unlikely, but you may also be required to provide Dancer Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
16. If anyone is found to have broken any of the rules then you may be disqualified from the festival at the discretion of the panel.
17. By entering Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected as well as any subsequent tours of our program and any marketing for upcoming events.
18. By entering, you agree to allow Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival to distribute your film to a third party. Your film’s producer will be consulted on any deals and we will never distribute your film without complete permission and agreeance to do so. If no suitable agreement can be found, then we will not include your film in the distribution. This in no way impacts your entry into Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival itself.
For more information visit Inspired Dance Youth Film Festival