- Authors of commercial Adult and Young Adult fiction and non-fiction written in English can apply.
- Manuscripts submitted by applicants must be their own original, unpublished work and should be strong commercial fiction, including but not limited to contemporary women’s fiction, science fiction, romance, crime and YA, or commercial non-fiction, including but not limited to memoir, biography, history, self-help, business.
- The following types of work are not eligible:
- Poetry and plays.
- Works intended for the academic market.
- Cookery manuscripts.
- Travel diaries (Note: travel memoirs written creatively for a commercial market are eligible).
- Manuscripts for adult fiction and non-fiction must be a maximum of 80,000 words in length.
- Emerging and established writers are invited to apply.
- Entry to the program is open to applicants world-wide who write for an English-speaking audience.
Applicants must be aged 18 years or older.
For more information, visit hawkeyebooks.com.au