The City of Greater Geelong is seeking to engage a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic artist or creative team to produce a curated projection program for Geelong as part of its larger public art program. The successful artist or creative team will create, curate or commission content for presentation across three potential sites in the Geelong CBD, including the City Hall location which can accommodate sound.
The successful artist or creative team will have the opportunity to develop a program for a 2-year period from 2022 – 2024. The scope of work will include:
- development of a curatorial vision for the commissioning of new works;
- re-imaging the City’s current program of annual cultural events;
- project management; and
- liaising with contractors for projection maintenance.
The City welcomes a range of approaches from individuals or teams with expertise directly and through their professional networks in projection art, special-effects, community/ cultural engagement, writing, sound & music and other key aspects of technical production.
The total budget per year for this project is $100,000 (+ GST) which includes a notional budget allocation of $30,000 (+ GST) for the Christmas 2022 projection outcome.
Project Timeline and Key Milestones
- Commencement of EOI Monday 25 July 2022
- Submissions due 5pm Friday 19 August 2022 Artist/Team Selected & Notified Monday, 29 August 2022 Christmas Concept – presented & approved September 2022
- Christmas Projection – commences Saturday, 12 November 2022
Submissions should include:
- A written statement briefly outlining the proposed vision for the overall projection program (up to 2x A4 pages). Considerations for inclusion:
-Conceptual and curatorial approach (including team)
-Project management approach; including capacity to liaise with contractors for projection maintenance.
- Specifically, a written statement and / or visuals outlining initial concept for Christmas projection artwork. (2 x A4 pages)
- Written statement outlining your recent relevant experience with projection artwork in the public realm; including a short biography or CV of the team
- Webpage links for viewing up to 5 examples of previously developed animated content. Artists should familiarise themselves with the timeline and confirm their availability to complete all requirements.
Direct enquiries and submissions to:
Arts & Culture Department
Phone: (03) 52724951