For an original, unpublished short story suitable for children aged 8-12 years
First Prize $100 and winner’s name inscribed on a plaque in the State Library Launceston Branch. Hobart Bookshop voucher for the best Tasmanian entry.
1. Stories must be original, unpublished and must not have won a monetary prize in any other competition. Length must not exceed 1000 words.
2. Stories are to be typed, double-spaced, in plain font, on one side only of white A4 paper. Pages should be stapled together in the top left-hand corner.
3. Title only is to appear on story. Entrant’s name must not appear on any page. Name and address of author, title/s of story are to be given on a separate sheet. Keep a copy of work, as entries will be destroyed after judging. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Entries close on March 31st, 2024 and must be postmarked by this date to be eligible for judging.
5. Results will be announced at the FAW August general meeting and prizewinners will be notified.
6. Entry fee is $5 per story. Please make cheques or postal orders payable to FAW Tasmania Inc or pay by electronic transfer: Account name: FAW Tasmania Inc. BSB 067000 Account no. 10567470. Please include your surname and COMP as the reference and note on your entry cover sheet if you have paid by Bank Transfer.
7. Send entries to: FAW Tasmania Inc PO Box 234 NORTH HOBART TAS 7002
For more information, visit fawtas.org.au