APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM MAY 9
Performance Space’s Experimental Choreographic Residency supports the development of innovative, bold and experimental approaches to choreography. Established in 2016, the residency supports an artist or collaboration to spend three weeks developing their experimental choreographic practice with financial, production, technical and creative support from both organisations.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Performance Space and Critical Path are committed to developing innovative, bold and experimental approaches to choreography and movement practice. We are currently seeking proposals from artists or artist collaborations, for a 2-week residency focusing on experimental choreographic practice taking place from 1 – 12 August 2022 at The Drill Hall, 1C New Beach Road, Darling Point (Rushcutters Bay).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking to support a period of creative development for an artist or collaboration that:
• Explores experimental and/or interdisciplinary approaches to choreography and movement practice in innovative, rigorous and engaging ways.
• Investigates our place in time and the complexities of making work in the contemporary moment situated in an Australian context.
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING
The successful project will receive:
• Up to $8,000 towards project expenses: artist and collaborator fees, equipment and materials costs, and travel and accommodation if required.
• 2 weeks of space at Critical Path, Drill Hall.
• Production and technical support, producing support, and administrative support from Performance Space.
• Creative advice and feedback from Performance Space and Critical Path.
• A facilitated feedback session at the conclusion of the residency.
• Photographic documentation of the work-in-progress showing.
APPLY FOR THE EXPERIMENTAL CHOREOGRAPHIC RESIDENCY HERE
At Performance Space we prioritise diverse perspectives and voices. We especially encourage submissions from First Nations artists, artists of colour, culturally diverse artists, women, LGBTQIA+ artists, and artists living with disability. Please let us know if you would prefer to apply in a different format or if there is any barrier for you in the submission process. And please note that additional support to assist with access requirements is possible within our programs – get in touch to find out more.
Need anything else clarified?
Feel free to get in touch with us.