For more information – https://www.metroarts.com.au/for-artists/opportunities/
Our Metro Arts x Firstdraft 2024/2025 Program is a reciprocal partnership supporting one regional New South Wales artist/collaboration and one regional Queensland artist/collaboration to exhibit at both Firstdraft (Sydney) and Metro Arts (Brisbane).
In Round 1, a New South Wales regional artist was selected through the 2023 Firstdraft Program Callout, to exhibit at Firstdraft in 2024 and at Metro Arts in 2025.
We are now calling for proposals from Queensland regional artists to apply for the program, which will see them exhibit at both Metro Arts and Firstdraft in 2025.
One applicant will be selected, and the successful applicant must live and work primarily in regional Queensland.
The Successful Applicant will receive:
- $1,000 (excl. GST) artist/s fee from Firstdraft x Metro Arts (i.e. $1,000 per exhibition);
- $1,000 (excl. GST) travel bursary to support travel and freight costs to Firstdraft and Metro Arts;
- Gallery 2 exhibition at Metro Arts in 2025 (venue hire costs provided in-kind);
- Gallery 4 exhibition at Firstdraft in 2025 (venue hire costs provided in-kind);
- Access to venue standard equipment and resources at both Firstdraft and Metro Arts;
- Marketing support for both presentations; and
- An opening night event and an artist talk event for both presentations.
- The artist/collaborative artists must live and work primarily in regional Qld.
- The applicant/s must be available to exhibit in both: 2025 (Metro Arts, Brisbane) and 2025 (Firstdraft, Sydney).
- The artist/collaborative artists must have or be willing to procure Public Liability Insurance by the first exhibition date. You can read more about public liability insurance on the NAVA website.
- Collaborative applications are welcomed but this must be demonstrated and evidenced in your proposal and support materials.
For further information please read the Call for Proposals Application Pack HERE.
Applications close SUNDAY 10 DECEMBER 2023, 11.59pm.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email on FRIDAY 16 DECEMBER 2023.