ARTISTS, CREATIVES, RISK TAKERS… BE A PART OF hsL 2022
We are excited to announce that expressions of interest are now open to all. We encourage artists/groups who have a burning desire to explore something new, to ask bold questions, or to challenge yourselves/your artform to apply. What ever it is… we support you to make it happen.
EOIs close midnight extended to Sunday 10 July.
2022 hsL REVEL: Speculative Beginnings.
Rejuvinate your creative practice with hsL
Go somewhere different
Delve into that unhinged idea
Pin down the elusive creative vision you have been nutting over
And do it all with the support of a creative team that aren’t afraid of risk taking art. It’s a no brainer after the draining existence we’ve experienced these last few years.
The hsL team will support artists and groups of artists to create a new performance work to be presented as part of the 2022 hsL REVEL: Speculative Beginnings.
Working in partnership with Yarra Ranges Council and Burrinja Cultural Centre, the hsL program is structured to be a comprehensive and nurturing platform to take an idea / challenge / creative work and develop it into a live performance outcome. Integral to our process is a commitment to supporting a connection between the work and the artist, enriching the creative practice of all artists involved. During the program you will be engaged in 4 monthly participation events held in the rich landscape of the Dandenong Ranges, and online, providing you with the space to take bold risks into your explorations.
Each year we provoke artists with a theme that stems from the creative climate and this year will be no different. hsL is stepping into a SPECULATIVE BEGINNING with you
How to apply
Complete an expression of interest form via our online portal. Feel free to contact hsL Festival Director, Toni Main with any queries via the hsL email email@example.com
What artists can expect from hillsceneLIVE:
- Free access to our 4 development / social gathering events
- Venue(s) for performance outcomes
- Inclusion in the 2022 hsL revel in November
- Development support from the hsL Creative Leadership team
- Technical production requirements (within reason)
- A Production Manager to support your work
- Online Marketing and promotion through extensive hillsceneLIVE and Burrinja Cultural Centre channels
- Exposure to a supportive and generous audience
- Print marketing through flyers, posters and revel programs
- Access to creative development resources including one-on-one support, studio time and more
- Video and photo documentation of the performance outcome
- A $250 stipend
What is expected of artists:
- Attendance to the monthly development events (live and online)
- Delivery of work/idea at the festival (Saturday 25th November )
- Marketing support through artist social media networks
- Supplying hsL with promotional photography and marketing copy
- EOIs extended to Sunday 10 July
- Creative development #1 at Burrinja Cultural Centre, Upwey, Saturday 30 July
- Creative development #2 (online) – 3rd week of August TBC
- Creative development #3 (online) – 3rd week of September TBC
- Creative development #4 onsite at revel venue – 3rd week of October TBC
- hsL Revel Saturday 25th November
To find out more or to apply please visit the artist information page on our our website: