JACARANDA ART PRIZE
Any medium as long as it is 30x30cm
Entries are now open for the 2024 Jacaranda Art Prize.
The Jacaranda Art Prize is themed on the Jacaranda in bloom (Oct/Nov) and welcomes entries from emerging and established artists working across any medium (including painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, and sculpture) of works 30x30cm (including frame or mount).
$15 per entry. Entries close 1pm, 16 December 2023
1st Prize – Best in Show
$700 cash prize by presenting partner Jayco Mildura
2nd Prize – Commended
$400 cash prize
3rd Prize – Best use of medium
$400 cash prize
Under 18’s – Nurture Award
Art pack valued over $150
Peoples choice award
$200 cash prize
The annual prize was established to promote culturally diverse artistic endeavours, showcase talent in the Mallee, Nurture young emerging artists and provide a community platform where local art can be viewed, studied, critiqued, and sold.
Works will be exhibited from 7 – 26 January 2024, with winners announced for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes and Under 18’s Nurture Award on the 7 January at The Red cliffs Country Markets and the People’s Choice Award announced on the 26 January.
For further information email Rohan at email@example.com
Artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with:
– Phone number
– Age bracket (under 18/Over 18)
– Artwork title
– Sale price (including 25% commission) if applicable
– The date of artwork completion
Terms & Conditions
– Artworks must be ready to hang with a wire or hook attached.
– Limit of 4 entries per person.
– All works must be made solely by the artist and be the property of the artist.
– All competition fees are non-refundable.
– Artists will receive a receipt of entry upon lodgement.
– To enter the fee is $15.00 per entry (inclusive of GST).
– Sale of works include a 25% commission.
– Entries & delivery of works close 16 December 2023 at 1pm.
– Any shipment of work at cost of the artist.
– In the event of excessive applications. The panel will hang and display at their discretion.
– Unless sold, works to be collected by 27 January 2024.
– The judges shall be appointed by Workspace 3496 in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit at its sole discretion.
– Peoples’ Choice award will be via ballot box open to community from 9am 7 January 2024 till 4pm 26 January.
– The people’s choice winner to be announced Friday 26 January 2023.
For further information or to obtain a PDF application form please email Rohan at firstname.lastname@example.org