The Woollahra Gallery at Redleaf Artist in Residence Program is an opportunity for artists to research and develop new work within a vibrant, harbourside cultural space. Ideally, this residency will support artists who want to engage with the community and have access to mentoring and curatorial support.
The program provides a non-residential, furnished studio space for artists to work in over a 16-week period. Sessions will run in three key blocks across the year:
• 1 July – 20 October 2024
• 28 October 2024 – 16 February 2025
• 24 February – 15 June 2025
As it enters its third year at the Gallery, the Artist in Residence Program is building its capacity by opening a second studio, enabling the presence of two residents per session.
In return for rent-free use of the studio space, Artists in Residence will facilitate opportunities for the community to engage with their practice by way of:
• Staging an Open Studio event;
• Completing a community engagement project e.g. workshops, demonstrations, or artist talks; and
• Contributing an exhibition, digital project, performance, or socially engaged project to the Gallery program, in consultation with the Gallery Director.
Artists in Residence will be offered an allowance of $1,600 to cover agreed community engagement
activities and materials, in addition to promotional and curatorial support.
For more information, email email@example.com
To apply, visit https://www.woollahragallery.com.au/Artists/Artist-in-Residence
Applications close 31 January 2024.