What is a producer? Why do we need them and what does it take? Independent producer Stephanie Brotchie shares the answers.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
What is a producer? Producers, literally, are people who make things. In the theatre world they are people who make things happen. Being a producer can, and does, entail a broad range of responsibilities that vary enormously from project to project. Everything from getting coffees to getting venues is within a good producer’s domain.