A wave of female filmmakers is taking over our silver screens from behind the cameras to change the face of genre films, so next time you watch a bloody babe fighting for her life in a horror don't be so sure about her inevitable death.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
For too long now we have watched women scream desperately and run hopelessly in horror films, but as female horror filmmakers increasingly emerge from behind the camera as writers, directors and producers, ‘final girls’ or ‘bloody babes’ are finally cheating their ever-predictable deaths with, astonishingly, no boobs in sight.