Arts and cultural organisations are well placed to be inclusive employers of people with a disability but we could do better.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
The lack of inclusive and accessible employment for people with disability is of ongoing concern in Australia. Australia ranks a mere 21 out of 29 OECD countries in employment participation rates for people with disability. In addition, people with disability are only about half as likely to be employed and more likely to work part-time, in comparison to their non-disabled counterparts[i].