Copyright is important to creators working across all art forms, providing income as well as a legal basis for artistic control.
Much of the focus on Creative Australia has been on new funding, the restructure of the Australia Council for the Arts and the industry specific initiatives contained in the policy. The acknowledgment of copyright as ‘the primary legal framework supporting the creative economy’ may be less headline-worthy but is a significant feature of Creative Australia.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today