The most active arts community isn't where you think it is, and they are finding new direction.
What would you say is the state of health of Australian craft/design? Recent ABS research tells us that it is the most popular form of active cultural engagement for the Australian community with about 1.7 million people involved in “textile crafts, jewellery making, paper or wood crafts” and another quarter million doing “glass crafts, pottery, ceramics or mosaics”. The stats also show that craft is almost as popular as all the performing arts put together.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today