The principles of independent arts funding are under threat as the Budget foreshadows the greatest shake up since the Australia Council was established 47-years ago. We explain the likely implications for artists and arts organisations.
This week’s Federal Budget leaves overall arts funding intact but decimates the Australia Council. The Australia Council has lost $104.8 million over four years to a newly created fund called the National Programme for Excellence in the Arts (NPEA).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today