Former Head of ABC Television Kim Dalton’s Platform Paper argues that the ABC ignores and ultimately betrays its wider responsibilities to government and to our culture. Children’s television is a clear example.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Kim Dalton’s forensic assault on the ABC in the latest Currency Press Platform Paper focuses on his own area of responsibility - the drama, children’s programs, comedy, factual and general entertainment which is run by ABC TV. Using this, he describes a broadcaster which is out of control, beyond scrutiny and indifferent to government.