A senior arts bureaucrats explains the bizarre and paradoxical strategies public servants use to win government support for the arts.
Investment in arts and culture has many stated purposes at all three levels of government: to support diplomacy; to create jobs, economic growth and export products; to help sustain regional communities; to compete more effectively for domestic and international tourism; to address intractable social and policy problems; to improve educational outcomes— even some which are cultural, like telling our stories here and on the world stage.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today