The head of one of Australia biggest corporate supporters of the arts explains what’s in it for big business.
At a lunch last year hosted by Wesfarmers in the company’s corporate headquarters in Perth, Richard Tognetti talked with a group of Western Australian business leaders about his twin passions for surfing and music. He was in Perth to introduce the Australian Chamber Orchestra’s new project The Reef, taking musicians and surfers to the remote wild coasts and communities across northern Western Australia to create a performance production ‘at the intersection of music and nature’. He talked about the single-minded purpose and sense of adventure that focuses both surfer and musician - the pursuit of perfection, the embrace of risk and the exhilaration of performance. His description of creative endeavour was simple and compelling in its universality: he articulated ideas about what it means to be dedicated and open to new experiences with a spirit and directness we could all respond to.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today