David Gulpilil is one of Australia's great actors. Here is an extract from his biography written by Derek Rielly.
The figure of David Gulpilil haunts and ignites the Australian cinema. We remember him in his first role as a young dancer making the infinite visible in Walkabout. He allows us to see his patient inner fire and fury in Tracker. We cannot possibly forget his face as, imprisoned, he is shaved to the skull in Charlie's Country, kin to Lear but rising again from his own depths.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today