In the wake of Amy Poehler's eager-to-please Moxie on Netflix, Adrian Martin considers his long love of the genre and its oddities.
Tripping down memory lane to the video store
Recently, I have been immersing myself in the teen movies of the 1980s. It’s a re-immersion, actually, because, although I was a few years late to Amy Heckerling’s classic Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982), I quickly made up for lost time by literally watching every film of this genre that I could find – and taking copious notes on all of them.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today