Adrian Martin considers his long love of the teen movie genre and its oddities, in the wake of Amy Poehler's nice and inoffensive 'Moxie' on Netflix.
Tripping down memory lane to the video store
Recently, I have been immersing myself in the teen movies of the 1980s. It’s a re-immersion, actually, because, although I was a few years late to Amy Heckerling’s classic Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982), I quickly made up for lost time by literally watching every film of this genre that I could find – and taking copious notes on all of them.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today