When a Townsville-born show is up for an award against metropolitan arts giants, it’s time to stop talking down to regional arts.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Townsville-born show Abandon: Image: DANCENORTH
I’m probably one of the few leaders of Australia’s 28 Major Performing Arts companies who actually lives in regional Australia. That's where I'm most at home and where my heart is, but I love urban life too. I'm drawn to the connectedness rather than the separateness of the different worlds I inhabit: and my hope for the future of the arts in Australia is a more integrated arts ecosystem.