Jennifer Maiden was awarded the Victorian Prize for Literature for her collection of poetry entitled Liquid Nitrogen.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Maiden received the Award for Poetry as well as the overall prize for literature for her work which Dr Napthine praised as 'a remarkable piece of imagination and craft'. Liquid Nitrogen delves into fictional and poetic imaginings of the personal lives of contemporary political figures. These figures range from Julia Gillard to Florence Nightingale, Julian Assange to Anders Breivik.