As the sharks of Netflix and Disney+ circle, the Good Ship Aunty manages to repel boarders and somehow find new islands of audience, according to MD David Anderson.
According to ABC Managing Director David Anderson the biggest threat to the ABC is not digital streaming, but how their audience perceives them. He said, ‘We face the challenge of not just keeping up with technology advancement but with the Australian audience’s expectations of accessing that content. Because the alternative is that they go straight to international media and I fear for an Australia where we’re educating our kids through YouTube.’
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today