AIDC CEO moving on after this year's conference; Big Ant Studios sold to French company; narrative designer callout, and Aussie films rules the box office in this edition of the news in brief.
For this edition of the news in brief, we have program announcements, digital dramas, and the big story of the week: the Australia Day Honours. On one hand, it was a great year for the arts, with the sector garnering more awards than sports. But the day was not without controversy. Veteran broadcaster Kerry O’Brien joined Dr Clara Tuck Meng Soo in refusing the award, after it was announced that virulent homophobe, transphobe, and former tennis player Margaret Court would receive a second honour for her work since her sports career ended.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today