The cinematographers who covered the Australians in World War One were a fantastic bunch, with a supporting gallery of remarkable English journalists.
Image: Four Australian soldiers trudge through the shambles in the Ypres sector in 1917. Three have not been identified but the man on the right is Gunner William Henry Joyce, who is about to become a photographer and cinematographer in the newly created Australian War Records Section (AWRS). This is part of a larger image, which has a colourised version on Melbourne artist Benjamin Thomas' Facebook Page.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today