International productions are building alliances with local companies as the game changes from features to streamed series.
International productions come to Australia because they are subsidised, we have the skills and the facilities, and our lifestyle is both safe and cosy. That relationship is changing because US production is disrupted by COVID and we offer clean production and low risk of infection.
But those deals are changing for reasons we are only beginning to understand. Some people have advanced the idea that Marvel would occupy Fox Studios in Sydney for the next five years, and even base the whole operation in Australia. That is pretty unlikely, though I do understand that Marvel will move more of its administrative apparatus to the Fox lot, which makes perfect sense.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today