Neither the government nor Facebook has fought quite this kind of battle before. No matter who won, Facebook looked pretty ludicrous as it whacked innocent parties which included the screen sector.
Sonia Bible is the writer and director of The Witch of Kings Cross. Over the last week, her past has been stolen by a monster. On her personal Facebook page she wrote, ‘The Facebook page for my film has been removed by Facebook, all that history, all those images vanished. A week after releasing the film. It’s a site for a documentary film and Facebook says it’s a news site. Gone! Just like that. ‘
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today