Dominating the box office, but faced by cuts, what is the future of the Australian feature film sector?
The loss of the American tentpole releases in cinemas created a unique space for local films to flourish, and Australian film producers are riding high on the box office success of domestic releases since Christmas. But a panel on the future of film at Screen Forever feared that the current success masks the threat of extinction.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today