The 2010 National Play Festival’s publicity material has been decried as sexist and demeaning to women.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
As debate rages over the lack of opportunities for women directors and playwrights on Australian main stages, the National Play Festival – Australia’s leading market for showcasing new unproduced plays – has raised eyebrows and ire with its leading publicity image.