For the arts, the 2016-17 budget is steady as she goes: it neither inflicts major damage nor helps heal the damage done in previous years.
The Turnbull Government’s election-year Budget has not inflicted major cuts on the Australia Council, but nor has it sought to repair damage done to the sector and the Australia Council by former Minister for the Arts Senator Brandis in previous years.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today