Screen executive Bill Gavin, known for some wonderful NZ films, cut his professional teeth in London and became a force in the expansion of Hoyts in Australia.
Once upon a time, a determined sales agent and production executive could set up a career which would resonate beyond their death. Bill Gavin was a New Zealander who left to report on motor racing, became an executive at legendary UK company Goldcrest, moved to Australia as a formative power at Hoyts, and ultimately went home to work on iconic but much smaller pictures.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today