Critics attacked Soderbergh's Academy Award ceremony for its anticlimax and lack of spectacle. But there were deserving winners, intimate moments and a real sense of an industry grappling with reality over fantasy.
Wearing white sneakers and talking about the essential goodness of human beings, Beijing-born Chloé Zhao was without a doubt the face of the 93rd Academy Awards as she accepted the Best Director Oscar for Nomadland.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today