'Setting the Scene for Greener Screens' is a new resource available on Documentary Australia Foundation's website. It's full of practical ideas and conversation-starters for filmmakers.
Have you ever considered that changing your search engine could change your environmental impact? Surprisingly, this is one of the first suggestions offered by film and TV sustainability expert Tanzy Owen. She advocates using Ecosia, a browser that takes profits from your searches to plant trees where they're needed most. Speaking at the recent Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC), Owen emphasised the way such small changes could have big impacts. She also gave the example of the screen industry in Vancouver, which successfully lobbied hire companies to offer hybrid vehicles.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today