Grace Boschetti details the 2021 Academy Awards' predicted wins, history-making nominations, dark horse contenders, and eulogizes the films that narrowly missed out.
The time has almost come for 93rd Academy Awards to be announced. Scheduled to take place 25 April at both the Dolby Theatre and Union Station in Hollywood, the ceremony will celebrate a return to glitz and glamour, after a pandemic year saw the ceremony go digital.
This year Australian productions missed out on the major categories, with the sole Australian nomination in VFX, where Mr X were lauded for their work on the young adult dystopian flick Love and Monsters – but there's still a lot to unpack in this eclectic, exciting array, with history-making nominations in Best Director and Best Supporting Actor categories, and a woman predicted to win in Best Director for only the second time.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today