Among the winners at the 93rd Academy Awards ceremony were Facebook-owned tech giant Oculus and Electronic Arts studio, Respawn
Among the winners at yesterday’s 93rd Academy Awards ceremony, one award category’s recipients included the Facebook-owned tech giant Oculus and Electronic Arts’ videogame development studio Respawn Entertainment.
Colette won the Oscar for Best Documentary (Short Subject), which is believed to be the first time a project from the games industry has won an Academy Award.
Co-produced by Oculus Studios and Respawn Entertainment, and directed by Anthony Giacchino, the documentary follows Colette Marin-Catherine, one of the last surviving members of the French Resistance that took place during World War II, as she visits where her brother died in Germany.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today