The distribution platform of choice for small, independent game developers coming to a major storefront in an interesting move.
Epic Games, the North Carolina company behind Fortnite and the widely-used videogame and filmmaking tool Unreal Engine, has added a raft of PC apps to its Epic Games Store shopfront.
Among music streaming service Spotify, which was added last December, one notable app added overnight to the digital platform is independent videogame marketplace itch.io, with more apps due to release on Epic Games Store in the future.
As a platform and marketplace for independent videogames, itch.io offers creators a high level of flexibility with few barriers to entry. Where Epic Games Store hosts a range of triple-A and independent games, itch.io favours smaller, more experimental titles, such as the Australian Game Developer Award-winning Under a Star Called Sun, made by the Melbourne-based Cécile Richard.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today