Women are storming the sexist territory of video gaming, turning the Gamergate controversy into countercultural art.
Georgie Roxby Smith's Hyperdentity. Image: www.georgieroxbysmith.com
Observing how the blurred borders between virtual and physical worlds of contemporary culture shape identity, artist Georgie Roxby Smith developed an interest in video games. But she was soon disturbed by the graphic violence and stereotypes entrenched in the culture.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today