In the Alice-in-Wonderland world of contemporary sculpture, scale is distorted to give us giant cartoon characters and miniature nudes, a powerful counterpoint to traditional monumentalism.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Gill Gatfield, x, 73 x 73 x 10cm, Granite, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2013. Photo Samantha Burns
Ours is not an age of gods or heroes so what we choose to place on a pedestal – literally and figuratively – is monument to our sense of self.