What is a producer? Why do we need them and what does it take? Independent producer Stephanie Brotchie shares the answers.
What is a producer? Producers, literally, are people who make things. In the theatre world they are people who make things happen. Being a producer can, and does, entail a broad range of responsibilities that vary enormously from project to project. Everything from getting coffees to getting venues is within a good producer’s domain.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today