Now that Spotify has had time to settle in and take a look around, is it changing the way that Australians listen to music?
A little while ago I extolled the virtues of music streaming services in an article titled The Streaming Revolution. That piece was written in anticipation of Spotify’s Australian launch and in it I contend that subscription music streaming is without question the only way forward for the music industry (a view that I maintain a whole two months later!) In theory, music streaming services allow the consumer to access music for next to nothing while the music creator still gets paid (it sounds like some kind of musical Utopia I admit).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today