The Coalition is touting 'excellence', Labour 'creative industries'. The result will have direct funding implications for four major projects, the contemporary music industry and all funded arts organisations.
Victorians go to the polls on November 29. For the arts sector, it’s a closely watched contest. Four years of Coalition state government under former PremierTed Baillieu and current Premier Denis Napthine have seen stagnating funding and the relegation of cultural policy to the backburner of state priorities.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today