Career-building isn't all skills and it isn't just who you know. Self-awareness can make your attitude and approach a tangible asset.
We tend to think of the arts as a space of non-conformity, where self-expression is welcomed and conventionality is sneered at or satirised. But the increasing professionalism demanded of arts practitioners has shifted emphasis onto unspoken codes of conduct. In the hustle of today’s art world, it is incumbent on workers not only to excel at their trade, but also to sell their trade, all the while maintaining sanity.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today