Asia is a region of great cultural diversity but the gender gap seems to be a constant, creating challenges both for Asian artists and those hoping to break into the region.
Artist Grace Siregar. Image: www.gracesiregar.com
Asia is a booming region culturally – a source of great international activity, new art fairs and a massive growth in the number of museums. Asian countries are increasingly touting their artists – but it is almost always the male artists.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today