Asia is a region of great cultural diversity but the gender gap seems to be a constant, creating challenges both for Asian artists and those hoping to break into the region.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Artist Grace Siregar. Image: www.gracesiregar.com
Asia is a booming region culturally – a source of great international activity, new art fairs and a massive growth in the number of museums. Asian countries are increasingly touting their artists – but it is almost always the male artists.