The arts sector has reacted with deep concern to the removal of funding from the Australia Council in favour of a new body controlled by the Ministry.
The Budget announcement this week - that took $104.8 million over four years out of the Australia Council’s budget and delivered it to the new National Program for Excellence in the Arts - has prompted considerable angst in the sector.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today