As award season takes off for 2018, ArtsHub posed a question to the winners of the Victorian Premier Literary Awards: do prizes cultivate a sense of community or engender competition among peers?
Book cover images: (L-R) The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman’s Extraordinary Life in Death, Decay & Disaster by Sarah Krasnostein; Rice by Michele Lee; Living on Hope Street by Demet Divaroren, and Australia Day by Melanie Cheng.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today