Bad guys are up on top this week in the Aussie box office, but limited release tells a different story.
Let's start with the obvious: The Joker is still getting crowds. In its third week in release, the latest DC adaptation may not have thrilled critics, but it seems to be thrilling crowds. The bad guy blockbuster showed on 443 screens – 98 fewer than last week – to bring in $4,354,011 overall. That might be a 41% drop in revenue from last week, but it still constitutes a screen average of $9,828.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today