A new survey has found one in seven young people suffer from mental health issues but helping them access art and music may be a powerful treatment.
A new app uses art to boost wellbeing in teens. Photography by Breeana Dunbar
Creatives may be more prone to depression, but art also has the capacity to provide comfort for those dealing with mental illness.
An essential part of what it means to live the good life for many, a report has found that 52% of Australians say the arts provide an improved sense of wellbeing and happiness.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today